Thursday, September 30, 2021

Introduction to a Future Game Designer



Favourite Module

My favourite class last semester was web development, as I really enjoyed learning all the different tags and designing a website the way I wanted, and it was kind of like learning a new language in a way. It was a bit intimidating at first, but as we got into it throughout the year it became very enjoyable to do.

Accomplishment from Year 1

My biggest accomplishment from year 1 was definitely the grades I ended up getting, I was delighted and proud of them considering the circumstances that we were under for the whole year. For this module I want to learn as much as possible considering the fact that I would like to become a game designer in the future, this is where I begin.

Favourite Books and TV Shows/Films

The best book I read was actually a book called "Supermarket" that was written by a music artist named Logic it really kept me invested in his story the whole way through was a great overall read. I enjoy watching anime and have watched loads over the last few years and studio ghibli animated films are an excellent watch even if you don't like anime, Avatar is my all-time favorite film. Music that I like a lot is EDM and rap, they would be my main genres, but I also enjoy others too.

Hobbies

My hobbies are mainly gaming and computers in general I built my own PC a few years ago by ordering parts online and constructing it myself which was really fun and I fully recommend that if you like computers and are planning on buying one.

Hobbies I would like to try

I would like to learn Japanese in the future because I am fascinated with it and the country and I also wouldn't mind learning an instrument, possibly piano because I have always loved how it sounds and looks fun to play.

Most looking forward to this year

What I am most looking forward to this year is being able to meet new people and actually learn and work on campus with my classmates.

8 comments:

  1. It's really cool to see you know exactly what you wanna have as a job in the future, a game designer sounds so fun as well! Your introduction is really solid too, Studio Ghibli make some really good movies too I'm happy to see they got a shout out here :) Overall really cool introduction and I hope to see your name in the credits for the next big gaming hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan,
    I’d like to just say that I’m glad that you enjoyed web development! I also enjoyed that module a lot, I’d say that it was my favourite module of first year. I liked how it also was a sort of preview at game development, since game dev does use the same sort of basics. I have you have a great time learning to be a game dev!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jordan!
    Thats cool that you're a fan of web development as I am too, hopefully we can make a great website for 3DAssist this semester! I'm also a fan of EDM too. Have you ever gone to any EDM gigs? I was lucky enough to see Eric Prydz and Justice perform at Bennicassim in 2018 along with a bunch of other acts. I am also fascinated with Japan and it has been a dream of mine to visit Tokyo someday. Piano is a great instrument to learn if you have the time, it was the first instrument I learned and looking back on it it made me appreciate music that much more. Hope you have a good year and see you around on campus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jordan,
    Great to hear you were so happy with your results last year. It was a tough year but at least now we are on campus and its a bit more of a college experience. This module sounds like its right up your street as you want to be a game designer. Looks like Ill be asking you when I need help designing the game! You've also reminded me of my love for Studio Ghibli and I think I might sit down later and put on a movie as its been years since I watched one from them. See you round campus!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jordan,
    Well done on getting through last year, it certainly wasn't easy trying to complete certain modules being stuck in your room! It's awesome that you have a clear idea of what you wanna do after college with game design, I'm sure you're loving this module! I've always wanted to learn the piano, I can play a few things but guitar and drums are my instruments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jordan.
    Your Introductory Blog post is fantastic, love the layout you’ve got with everything clearly laid out.
    Great to hear you had a good time in web development last year. I also enjoyed it but I was constantly in-between knowing what to do and having no clue what anything meant at all.

    Delighted to hear you were happy with your results. Last year was really tough but I’m certain that if we stay positive then we’ll all turn out fine.

    I played piano for a long time when I was younger and although I eventually gave it up I highly recommend learning. It’s a lovely instrument and I hope you try to learn it

    Hope you achieve your dream in becoming a game designer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jordan,

    Really enjoyed reading through your Introduction post I have to say, great read. As they say, building your own pc is always the cheaper and better option. Aswell as that you get to learn loads about them. Really cool that you have such an interest in Japan and the culture. Learning the Japanese Language would be an awesome skill to acquire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jordan!

    I enjoyed reading your Introduction blog! I am proud of your accomplishments from completing year 1 in lockdown which is not an easy task to do because we all have struggled in some way! That's really cool that you built your own PC because I'm somewhat of a game but I just can't build PC's. It's also awesome you have an interest in learning Japanese, I was quite fascinated about the country especially the anime from there! :D

    ReplyDelete

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...