Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Beta

My own image from unity

My project this week was more or less finishing up and adding in a few extra game mechanics that I was happy with, but I have run into two problems finishing up my game, which I would consider game breaking.

My first issue is that when the enemies are chasing after the player, they morph into each other after a while and become one enemy. I have tried box colliders and rigid bodies, but nothing seems to make them solid at all.

And my second issue is that my player has the ability to climb over objects and sometimes climb up the map walls if I run into them constantly, which is a problem that I have tried to fix and do research on, but nothing seems to be working unfortunately.

Apart from those issues my game has actually come along well and I have enjoyed working on it every week as it has been very enjoyable to do and of course there is more that I want to do with my game like character models , Scenery etc but I have so many assignments to do outside of multimedia so I am happy with At least getting the game mechanics down so if I can At least fix the two issues I talked about above then I would be happy with the outcome of my game because At least all of my mechanics are functioning properly.

Once I've resolved these two issues, I'll be able to record my 1-minute video of all of my projects, and maybe even after I finish this semester, I'll add more to my game because there's so much more that I'd like to do.

 

5 comments:

  1. Man your game looks really good, the way your character has to fend for themselves is a really cool idea! It sucks your having trouble with the game breaking bugs, I hope they get solved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jordan, your beta game looks very fun to play, I like the colors and textures you used for the layout of the game it gives a cool mysterious vibe. With the first issue you have with the enemies morphing, I remember watching a YouTube video on enemies that might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjkSFoLxesw. I hope you will be able to fix some of the issues you have. And I’m sure that your game will turn out well, I look forward to seeing and playing your game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jordan, fantastic to se that your game is coming along great and that you have your beta at a great stage. Can't wait to try out your game and see what it's like.

    Having an issue in Unity is really frustrating but I hope to see where your game goes

    I also can't wait to see your trailer for this game.

    It’s great to hear that you are enjoying your game and wish to add more.

    My game is going so badly that I just want to get it over and done with

    Best of luck with the final week of the semester, we’re almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jordan, after reading your post i can see that you did very well on finishing your game, and you should be proud of yourself as you have done a lot and i am sure you gained huge amount of experience with Unity, your game looks great and I know it is so easy to break your game once you do a tiny mistake, but we are all learning. Well done on completing your game.

    ReplyDelete

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...