Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thoughts about "Growth Mindset"

I have actually never heard of "growth mindset" or "Carolyn Dweck" before, but it is a very interesting topic to do research on.

In terms of school work, when I was younger, I had much more of a "growth-fixed" mindset towards my education, but now as I have grown older, I have learnt that my hard work has paid off a lot and made me realize that with hard work you can go very far. It is the same for me when it comes to gaming. I am very competitive and usually practice a lot in first person shooters, and through proper trial and error, I have progressed to be the gamer that I am today. Yet again, hard work pays off, which is how I think in terms of my skill-sets in life and how I improve them. 

I have learned that I make progress very well when I put in the appropriate amount of time and effort, and for learning new things, my biggest challenge is definitely when I first start learning a new thing, because, depending on what it is, it can be very intimidating at first and overwhelming at times, but when I get through it, I am OK and feel good about the things I have learned.

I find the growth mindset topic very intriguing, but I am not that interested in learning anymore about it during the semester, but I am still open to it.

I am really looking forward to multimedia development and creating a small 3D game, as I want to become a game designer, so these are the types of modules I am most looking forward to during my time at TUD. I am not worried about any module because I know that I will work to the best of my ability in all of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...