Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Planning


Image from questionpro.com

To start off this post the library tour by Lindsey was very helpful as I feel like I haven't utilized the library properly and would like to start doing that I like how she talked about refworks and that thought me more about it the library is a great space for getting work done in general and finding information from books to help you out with particular modules, this site for TUD library is very useful and helped me learn about how the library works back in my first year of this course.

I had a look and thought about it and the topic that I decided to cover for my book is going to be 

Professional Players

What is e-sports? 

What is its history?

Achievements and Competitive components involved with gaming

This could change around somewhat if I think of other things but I like this topic as esports has always been an interest of mine.

My favorite sort of research strategy is a step by step checklist where I break down my topic and sub topics and research on them individually and make a list of everything that I am interested in including during my research and then ticking the steps and stages off I enjoy this as its always been something I like when it comes to researching its what works best for me anyway and keeps my research organised and insuring I find everything that I need.

The matrix method seems interesting I like how organised it is and really plans a whole structure for your research which is very important in my opinion especially for keeping track of everything.

Ref-works is a great tool for citation management and is something that I have been using since I started this course and I will continue using it because its important to have good citation in your work and giving credit where credit is due.

As per similar to the matrix method I have organised folders on my PC in a multimedia folder with named folders so I know where everything is and I have also downloaded the arts review matrix spreadsheet so I am ready to start my research.

These are some links to things that I found useful and interesting while looking up research strategies and citation management.

https://library.leeds.ac.uk/info/1404/literature_searching/14/literature_searching_explained/4

https://guides.library.ucsc.edu/writing/cite_sources#:~:text=A%20citation%20identifies%20for%20the,References%20or%20Works%20Cited%20list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...