Friday, November 26, 2021

Alpha

My own screenshot from unity

So this week during my project, I actually ended up getting a lot of work done, and I can happily say that I somewhat have the alpha of my game completed, which is awesome. 

So far I have my player mechanic of being able to move around the whole map and I have an enemy movement mechanic that chases the player at all times. I then made an enemy attack mechanic and the player gets killed if the enemy touches him. I also have a shooting mechanic so the player can kill the enemies. And lastly, I have a player direction mechanic so the player can change the direction he is facing and shoot different ways. I had great help from the unity tutorials and found a lot of info online that was a great help to me as well.

I currently have the base of my game down but now I am debating on how to continue from here because I want to create a level that requires you to kill 50 zombies and if you survive, you beat the game, but I am having difficulty finding out how to make an enemy spawner for my game. I have tried searching online but it’s slightly confusing on how to go about it and I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. If I can’t find that, then I might make a few zombie rounds as the objective. I also want to make the zombies tougher overtime or faster but finding out how to do that will prove to be a challenge.

Once I get the level down, then I more or less have my game finished, but I want to add loads of details into it, like character models and animations, then design my level. I also plan on adding a title screen and victory screen, game over, and a brain counter with a current score and high score.

But the next thing that I’m going to focus on is getting my level objective done, and then I can start focusing on polishing off my game, which I am excited about.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan,

    Great to see your game is coming along nicely. Really cool that you have the enemy mechanic working, Great to hear. The Shooting mechanic sounds really cool to mess around with. Adding more detail to the level sounds like a great idea to do, just time is the only issue but I am sure you will be grand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan,

    Really loving the making of your game so far, I think that your idea of killing 50 zombies to end the game and win the level is pretty cool. I am very excited to see the next steps in your game and I hope you find the solutions that you need! I loved adding sound effects and music to my game hahaha, it honestly brings it to life and adds so much character. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jordan really like the idea of the game and is looking like its all coming together and really like the idea and thought process that was put into the work and can see the research and thought process that has been into the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...