Thursday, November 11, 2021

Games Decisions

This week's reading task mainly covered the flow in game design and was a very interesting topic to me because I can relate to it quite a lot in all my years of gaming. I’ve experienced it all and can see flow theory throughout many of the games that I have played. This video was by far my favourite, as he explained the flow theory in game design and broke it down for me to understand. It showed that flow state should be going on throughout the whole game, starting at the players' skill level and gradually increasing, but sometimes creating an anxious flow state for the player or adding spikes here and there in the flow. In my opinion, flow state is very important because it will determine how much time or how long the player spends playing the game, so flow state should very much be considered when designing a video game.

The articles this week were cool to read as well the most interesting one though was this study carried out on Game flow experience among Thai university students as the methods used and results they ended up getting was very cool to read about. I like studies because they show proof of things and show results that help out a lot. 

In the future I am definitely going to check out more of these videos on this youtube channel because I very much enjoyed the video to watch this week.

Image from www.gamedeveloper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...