Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Tutorial 01

Image from learn.unity.com

For my weekly tutorials in the coming weeks, I decided to stick to Unity and learn more about coding, so I went with making the 2D game Ruby's Adventure. I want to expand my knowledge of unity and just learn more about coding in general. I generally enjoy it, but I will admit that it can be difficult to remember things at times as it can tend to get confusing, but overtime I end up remembering, but that’s only for certain things. 

This week's tutorials were enjoyable, but the one thing that I found difficult and took me a while to get was the world design tile maps exercise. It involved a lot of things that I have never even seen in unity, but regardless, it ended up being an enjoyable exercise and 2D is a bonus in terms of the fact that you can basically paint your own game world, which is awesome. It’s also interesting to compare 2D unity work to 3D. There are quite a few differences in both areas, mainly involving unity itself and not the coding. At least not yet, anyway. But overall, this week was enjoyable and I look forward to progressing more with this tutorial in creating a 2D game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...