Thursday, February 10, 2022

Tutorial 03

Image from connect-prd-cdn.unity.com

I learned a lot during this week's unity tutorials for Ruby's 2D adventure, which was fun but also complicated to wrap my head around as the new things that I learned are quite confusing and hard to get down, but overtime I will remember the code.

I learnt how to add health collectibles for the character to pick up and regenerate health. I also learned how to add in damage zones, so if the player walks into one they will take damage and the player's health will be reduced. I also added enemies to the game and made them have vertical and horizontal movement while also being able to collide with the player and damage them. Some of these things I knew already and some I didn't. I remember doing some of the damage coding for my game project last semester and also the enemy movement, but it’s cool to learn about it again because there are multiple ways to code, not just one way. Some are harder or easier than others, it all depends, but it’s great that there are multiple ways because then you can choose the best possible way for you and what you find most convenient to remember.

Overall, this week I learned a lot more on the coding side of things and some more ways to use the unity menu and settings, so it was a useful week for me and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...