Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Project Progress

For my project this week, it was all about piecing together my game and getting it started in unity. Since I already had my game design document done from the previous tasks, I already had a rough idea of how I wanted my game to look and play. What I first did was start my game by creating a 2D project in unity. I then started to research online and through the unity store for different images to use and tiles that I could use to start designing my game map. The fact my game is medieval, I was looking for a knight as the main character and then to have possibly goblins or witches as the enemy type, so I just kept on searching for these pixelated images until I found the right ones. I also wanted to have a good looking map environment, so my main goal was to have that medieval atmosphere by including dirt, grass, tree stones, etc and having them look a bit darker than normal to add a scary feel to the map overall. This week was just all about the research on my map creation, so I can get started on the coding after doing my overall design for the map and characters, because I feel with 2D games, it’s all about creating the map first, then having the characters function, or at least that’s how I prefer to start anyway.

So far, I feel like my game is coming along very well and last semester has really helped me in terms of planning the whole game and starting it. I remember all of this from creating my 3D game, so it’s great to know that last semester is making this game a lot easier to accomplish and also more enjoyable to do and more fun because of me being more experienced in creating my own game.

Image screenshotted on unity hub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...