Thursday, March 3, 2022

Tutorial 06

This weeks first tutorial was on visual styling - user interface and head-up display I enjoyed this tutorial because the whole thing was about adding a functioning healthbar into the game which is actually something that I wanted to do for my own game in semester 1 but I was unsure how to do so it’s cool now that I know how by adding in a canvas, anchors, portrait etc and then making it function properly in the game by creating a health bar script and adding code into it. The second tutorial was all about world interaction dialogue raycast so it was all on raycasting which I had never actually seen or attempted this in unity so this was a first for me and I enjoyed the creation of it as things like adding in characters and dialogue so being able to speak to characters in a game makes it feel so much more alive and like an actual game you also of course have to add in a script for the npc to be able to have some dialogue and create and interaction with them so overall this week had fun tutorials and taught me a lot in unity and coding which I hadn’t known about yet so it was very useful.

Image from medium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...