Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Project Progress

Image taken from unity project

For the project task this week, it was all about having my first playable for my project put together, which I did, and my game is going well so far. I switched up a few things compared to last week, so at first I wanted to make my 2D game a top down view, but I then decided to go with a platformer like the likes of Super Mario Bros. because I liked the idea of it and wanted to try it, so I made my first playable I put my character into my game and gave it the ability to move left and right, as well as jump around and turnaround. I gave the player all of the movement options necessary for my game. I then created platforms for the player to jump on. As it’s the first playable created, I wanted to focus on player movement and a basic level design to start as my foundation. Then during the next few weeks, I will add in more level design and gameplay mechanics etc, but so far my game is going well and I am enjoying the creation of my 2D game and am excited to see how it turns out as I improve it over the coming weeks. Creating a 2D game so far I have noticed it is much easier than a 3D game in some aspects, which I like because that means I can focus a lot more on my ideas and how I want the game to function while also being able to polish my game and make it what I want and how I want it to look. It’s cool to see the differences in game creation on Unity comparing 2D to 3D and what differentiates them from one another in terms of how they are made and how different they look. I have always liked 2D in terms of the retro cartoon side, and 3D is, of course, more modern and has a better graphical look and a lot more perspective. My game so far is going well, and I am enjoying the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...