Sunday, October 17, 2021

Feedback Strategies



I thought that the mirror method in this article is a great way to use and expand on growth mindset, especially when teaching students at a young age. This seems like a solid method in terms of how you approach growth mindset and explains well and thoroughly how to execute the process. This article has just made me admire the study of growth mindset even more and has made me agree and be on board with it even more. Imagine if kids growing up nowadays were thought to have a growth mindset. It would be amazing to see how far more people would come, especially those growing up with it. I hope growth mindset is spoken about a lot more in the future, if it isn't already, as I personally think it is a must for growing up and going forward with teaching. This should be talked about and acknowledged more.


This article about how to give feedback in a way without coming across as a jerk reminded me in a way of how I give my feedback to people. Here's the thing: feedback can either be a good thing for the person you are giving it to or a bad thing, but this article explains it well in terms of how to come across when giving feedback and how to just be honest and not try to make it look like you are doing things for the sake of it to make the other person feel better before you hit them with a bunch of negative things. This article explains it well and I would recommend that you read this article if feedback has never gone your way or if there is something you are unsure about when giving feedback.
To conclude this blog for me feedback has always been about giving the other person feedback they can work from and coming across as an honest but polite person while doing so as I think that's what makes receiving feedback important because it can also be a very sensitive topic at times so learning how to give it properly is an important thing to know.

1 comment:

  1. hi there Jordan.
    i am reading the article and what you took from it and it seems interesting,yeah like I was saying I think giving feedback article that you pull was genuinely interesting especially with the heading I found that quite funny I also believe that feedback is quite hard to acknowledge or take in as it does kind of effect the trust between someone and how they kind of go on about it the article I read that you pull in your blog was quite interesting it tells me on how they people in the blog experience feedback and they're giving or us an idea on how to take criticism properly they also put examples which I kind of like stewie gryphon they also list the problem like problem one positive fall on deaf ears like when you are giving a feedback you don't think of how harsh the words sound and when you want to give a person that you don't know a feedback you kind of want to start off with a formal proper way of introducing yourself in a manner of respect and not in a weird or just a harsh way.

    ReplyDelete

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...