Thursday, October 21, 2021

Games MDA

The first article was an interesting read for me as I have never heard of the term "MDA" before so it as interesting to be introduced to it and learn about it, I like how all link together the fact that the dynamic works to create aesthetic experiences and that mechanics can also be involved with both the aesthetics and the dynamics. It was a confusing article to read at first but when you read more it starts breaking down each step and how each works and also giving examples for you to help you understand more. "MDA" to me seems like a deeper learning and understanding of designing a game and breaking it down through different steps and methods while also focusing on the players view as well as the designers.

This video gave me a much better understanding of a MDA and how it all comes together as one Mechanics are in game things that can happen if a players wants it to or sometimes a player has no control over, Dynamics happen when multiple game mechanics combine to make game dynamics happen and then lastly the game aesthetics happen when the mechanics and dynamics are created and merged together, the aesthetics are things like submission, Fear, Excitement etc it is mainly what the player feels when playing the game. The video was especially helpful as I learn better from watching and hearing someone explain it and it interests me a lot more most of the time.

I am definitely going to check out more of this persons videos as I learned a lot form watching his one about the MDA and it gave me a better understanding of it.

Learning about "DDE" was fascinating because it showed basically a better version of "MDA" through this article and how it overcomes some of the weaknesses that "MDA" has.

I like the formula "MDA" I thought it was a very interesting topic to learn about and I enjoyed learning about it and this makes me want to learn about other game designing formulas in the future.

Through learning more about game design its made me realize that the players perspective is just as important as the designers perspective in most ways.

Image from slideplayer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...