Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Game Elements

What are the qualities of Games?

As I went through this first article, I learned about the atomic elements of a game and also how to analyze a game from the designers' perspective and the players' perspective. It was good information to have, and it was also nice to know that I already knew a lot about the information in this article, as I am quite the gamer myself, and I have played many games over the years since I can remember, so reading this was like a recap for me, so as soon as I read it, I realized I already knew all of it, this was My favourite part of the article which was about analyzing a game. I liked that it took the perspective of both the designer of the game and the player of the game and went through different things to ask yourself if you are either one of them.

Introduction to Game Design: Prototype your game

This video was interesting to watch. I thought a great part of it was getting information from actual game designers themselves about how they would go about getting a prototype for a game and the different techniques and methods they would use to do so. With game design being the career path I want to take, this was a very informative video for me, and I liked what I learned.

This week's reading task was a nice introduction to methods of game design and ways of analyzing a game and different things you would think about, like the atomic elements of a game or how you would make a prototype for your game. These were all very useful and interesting topics covered, and this article was about Game Design Research and went in depth about it, which was great.

                                                          Image from ocw.mit.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...