Thursday, November 18, 2021

Game Fun

This weeks reading task truly made me realize that fun is so much more of a broader term then we think especially while watching this video and that we all have our own meaning of the word fun especially in gaming terms, Gaming has a lot of different versions of fun and can be different for everyone someone could find a competitive game or environment fun or someone else could find a chill and laid back game fun where a lot of it may be based on scenery and taking in how the game looks or others rather play party games where they are co op and interact with people is what they find fun but my point from all this is that as these weeks go on I learn more and more about what a game needs and how much game designers look into the players perspective and how important it is to think about because a lot of things are just created depending on what the designer wants but in gaming it’s much more then that. 

This article explains a lot more about the meaning fun and how there are different versions and groups of it and about all the definitions on it as well. Who knew there could be so much to do with simply one word there is so much more involved and its so much deeper then many think which is awesome in my opinion.

This channel will be another one that I will be watching from time to time because as I have said in some of my previous posts I like keeping tabs on all of these channels about game design and watch over them because of how interested I am in the career.

Image from mobilefreetoplay.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jordan, Great blog post. You’ve done a great job of describing the different types of fun in gaming. From the preference of small-scale co-op party games played by a few friends. To competitive games which range to almost anything. This can even entail online multiplayer games. Although I it’s not something I find great enjoyment in you also make a great point on the topic of games where you explore your surroundings and take in your environment.

    You also emphasise the importance of designers needing to please other people and designing games with others in mind rather than themselves. This is vital if one wants to become a good game designer and is actually rather difficult to do and takes a great degree of practice

    I also appreciate you leaving various links to a video, a channel and an article with additional information in your blog. This is great experience for when you, me and everybody else in this course become professional bloggers after finishing this module.

    Best of luck with the rest of this semester. Hope you get all your assignments in on time and pass this semester. On the bright side, soon we’ll be able to relax for a while and not have to worry about college work, at least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...