Saturday, November 13, 2021

Prototype

At first, I was not sure how to go about starting my project but then I just went ahead and started it because it was only the first time starting my creation and things can be changed or altered at any time in the future.

To start off, I just created my whole project file in Unity and saved it where I wanted to on my computer.
 
There will be two levels in my game. The first will be a very short level in the main character's room, and the second will be where all the game-play takes place and the action begins.

I decided to start thinking of ideas for my second level considering that will be the main part. I first thought about what I wanted the ground to look like because my games player view will be top down so the ground is basically my scenery throughout the game so I made a ground in my hierarchy and sized it to my liking. Then I downloaded a free texture on Unity Asset Store I then added it to my project and chose the texture that I wanted on my ground for the game which I may change in the future.

After that I added weapons that I might allow the player to pick up during the game to use on the enemies so I downloaded a 2D weapon pack on the Unity Asset Store and just added a few in to see how it looked.

My project so far is just trial and error and is just to get a possible feel of how I want my level to look and to then make progress after that is achieved.

My own screenshot from unity

I am having difficulty finding out how to add two levels into my game, so I will need to do more research on this as it may be a difficult thing for me to do at my current skill level with unity.
 
Everything at the moment is just trial and error. Each week I will bump into many different challenges along the way.
 
Each week I will work on different parts of my game, so for example, next week I will learn how to implement two levels into my game and edit both of my levels to my liking. I want to focus on creating the area for my levels before I progress onto the actual game mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...