Friday, November 5, 2021

Games GDD

Learning about Game Design Documents was a fun topic to learn about this week, I enjoyed watching this video about it the most as I am much more of a visual learner and the video was detailed well and the person went over everything step by step and even explained how I could implement things into my own Game Design Document and explained it so I understood each heading and how it all worked.

This article gave me a great insight and overall understanding about what to include in a Game Design Document and went very in depth on the detail of each heading and what you would include which I liked because it showed me how much would typically be included in a Game Design Document and gave me an overall better understanding of it.

On the other hand this article that we had to read went in depth about how to create a good Game Design Document and put things into perspective telling me what it would be like if I had a big team creating one and what you would include in the document because the bigger the team the bigger the game which means the document will also have to be more in depth and include more detail about the game.

My overall conclusion for this weeks reading task is that I learned a lot about Game Design Documents some which I already knew but learned more and some of which I never heard of but with me being so invested in working on gaming as being my future career all of this is very interesting to me and intrigues me every week as I learn more by reading these articles and watching these videos. My favourite format of learning is definitely visual learning like watching videos I wouldn't be as interested in articles but there not too bad as long as its something I am interested in.

Image from gamedesigning.org

1 comment:

  1. I coundnt agree more with your learning prefrence being visual as I too am a visual learner. I am not a big reader unless it is a good story and interests me. I have not heard of a lot of these topics before this module so some are interesting but it took a lot to get me to read some of the articles. I think some go for too in depth that I get to a stage I cannot understand them with the information that is overloading my screen haha.

    Keep up the good work and research

    ReplyDelete

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...