Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Week 9 Reading and Writing

At first I wasn’t sure if the reading and writing assignments were going to help me that much, but I was actually surprised as doing them weekly has actually made me remember quite a lot of topics that were covered, and writing my thoughts on blog posts each week helped me remember them. So overall, so far, I am happy with the reading and writing tasks.

Games MDA and Games Decisions are my favourite readings so far they thought me a fair amount about game design and different steps that designers take or keep in mind when they are creating a game and I like that because I always want to focus on learning more about game design as it’s a career I am very interested in working in the videos were very entertaining and me personally I much prefer audio learning then visual learning and a lot of the YouTube videos we have watched I actually went onto their channels and subscribed to  them so I can watch more in the future as anything game design interests me a lot so that’s why these two posts were my favourite so far.

My reading notes help me with my game creation because I remember key points and information that was made about game designing and try to put myself into the players' perspective, and a lot of things I learned about start coming back to me, which I’m glad they do because it’s making me think about all the things I want to include and create in my game.

So far working on my game project has been a blast and every week I keep thinking and adding more things into it and I can’t wait to polish off the finishing touches if I get a chance I want my game to look very nice for the Final submission but of course all my game has to function perfectly before that can happen but I am really enjoying creating my own game and it all being up to me how I want it to play and look which is awesome because I don’t need to work around anyone it’s my own creation and I look forward to keep working towards finishing it.

My biggest accomplishments for this class are how much I have gotten used to Unity and its interface. I am delighted with that, and also with all of the knowledge I have gained and expanded on with game designing, which so far has been my main aim in this module as I have been looking forward to this module since I joined this course.

This is my favourite image throughout my blogs so far because it reminds me of the start of this module and how much I have learned and it feels really nice and good to know that I have gotten a lot out of this module and I am not even finished it yet.

Image from uxplanet.org

I feel I have done what I need to during all of these reading and writing tasks but I think one of the most important things and especially if you are into this kind of stuff as a career take your time and take in the information in front of you because it will benefit you in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jordan,
    as I was reading through your blog I see if I can kind of a report of the past things we did for the assignments and as you said reading through this the kind of help me in a way to reflect and rethink about the things we learnt so I kind of remember about game decision design document and that was a stressful one because there was a lot of information to know about and it made me kind of scared to start my game and think about all the designs and decisions and also the flow of the game. It's a good thing that virtual Learning in watching YouTube tutorial videos will help as some people rather watching than Reading as such you would be great to just get on with the instructions

    ReplyDelete

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...