Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Games Testing

Image from cheeseorfont.com

This week's reading task was all about play testing games and how to go about it. A lot of the tips I actually already used during my game creation for my project. Play testing shouldn't be done only at the end of your game. I believe that play testing should be done throughout your creation, like when you have the main game mechanics down and then later on when you add new ones to see if they all work as intended, because that’s the main part of play testing. It's identifying problems that your game could have and then going through possible problems and fixing them the best way you can. Giving other people the ability to test your game is a great way of getting either feedback about the game or fixing game-breaking problems or mechanics. I like play testing because not only does it save you time at times, it can also teach you new things about fixing some game problems that you run into and can give you a better game development and design experience and make you better at putting yourself into the players' perspective, which is one of the main things to be doing, especially when game designing, as I have learned through precious reading tasks over this semester.

I actually learned about some things to do with my project with unity on this YouTube channel so the video during this reading task was very informative as I believe he explains things very well and you end up learning quite a good amount of information when watching his videos which is always a plus.

I enjoyed reading through this article as it went through 7 game testing techniques that are very useful and also went through some big risks in game testing which again was very informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Progress

Image from wallpaperflare.com This week is the final project task for my 2D game that I created and called Knight trials I had a lot of fun ...